What Big Goal will inspire you and your organization? Is the vision for your business clear, powerful, and a beacon to lead you and your team for the next 3-5 years?
Where there is no vision, the people perish – King Solomon
A vision communicates what you want your business to become. Among other things, it provides a clear and compelling picture of your ideal future, and a compass that points you and your team in the right direction. That “beacon” I was alluding to.
The Vision Statement contains these primary elements:
- An inspiring picture of your position in your marketplace.
- The products or services you provide
- Your customers or markets
- The area or location of your market
Examples applying the elements include:
- To dominate the global food-services industry – McDonald’s.
- To be the world’s premier food company, offering nutritious superior tasting foods to people everywhere – Heinz
Notice how they successfully use the Vision Statement components. Also notice how it’s a clear picture to inspire their organization. I encourage you to take just 15 minutes and articulate a Vision Statement draft for you business using the elements above. In my Strategic Planning workshops, webinars, and engagements with clients, we go into much more detail to create and refine the Vision Statement.
If you have questions about how to formulate your Vision Statement, or any other part of the Strategic Planning Model, please click here to schedule a complimentary strategy session. I will help you:
- Formulate a crystal clear vision for your business.
- Uncover hidden challenges that may be sabotaging your ability to successfully engage and enroll customers and employees in your vision.
- Leave the session renewed, re-energized and inspired to take action.
Next month we’ll continue down the Strategic Planning Model and cover Values/Guiding Principles.
Please feel free to add your thoughts and experiences on creating a business vision.
To Your Success!