What Guiding Principles and Values Help Your Team Successfully Work Together?
Who you are, what your values are, what you stand for…They are your anchor, your north star – Anne Mulcahy – Xerox.
Your guiding principles and values are general guidelines that set the foundation for how an organization will work together as employees and with customers. They define your standard of behavior, your code of conduct, and the commitments regarding how people want to treat each other while working together. They set the tone for how everyone will enjoy working together. Finally, values and the behavior they foster, create your company culture.
Values: customer orientation, equal opportunity, friendly, honesty, integrity, loyalty, mutual respect, service, teamwork
Click here to see a brief video “Tom on the Job: Defining Company Values”
There are many ways to formulate your value statements. You can simply list your value words, you can format them using bullets, write full sentence descriptions, or tell a story through a paragraph. The critical element is that they reflect who your company is, and that they inspire employees to practice and adhere to them. In my previous corporate life, they were part of the employee’s annually performance review.
If you have questions about how to formulate your Guiding Principles and Value Statement, or any other part of the Strategic Planning Model, please click here to schedule a complimentary strategy session. I will help you:
- Formulate a set of crystal clear values for your business.
- Uncover hidden challenges that may be sabotaging your ability to successfully engage and enroll customers and employees in your values.
- Leave the session renewed, re-energized and inspired to take action.
Next month we’ll continue down the Strategic Planning Model and talk about planning for 2015. It’s already here!
How to Make 2015 a Much More Profitable Year! – Optimizing your Sales and Profit Funnel for 2015.
It can be tough to keep growing profits year-over-year. And it’s easy to get stuck coming up with new ways to increase your sales and profits. Are you optimizing your Sales and Profit Funnel?
In this webinar, you’ll:
- Determine YOUR Sales and Profit Funnel Model!
- Plan 25 ways to increase your own profits!
- Not only learn how to increase profits – but compound your profits (like the law of compound interest)!
- Learn the appropriate sequence to work your funnel (secret: It’s not sequential).
Attend the webinar, and take the steps to kick-off 2015 and make it your most profitable year ever!
Select one of two times (mid-day or evening) for this webinar in November.